Monday, May 12, 2014

Two weeks

We are down to the wire. Two weeks of kindergarten left before sweet, spontaneous summer break awaits. 

This year has been a whirlwind.
My plate has been continuously full and I've been spinning it, along with multiple other plates, also full. These last few weeks the plates are flying.
We're going out with a bang.
Class parties. Army spouse events. Coffees. More class parties. Volunteer work. Church stuff. Teacher appreciation stuff. Mother's Day. Vacation plans. Camps? Vbs? Swim lessons? Races? Play dates. Birthday parties. Running. Literal running. 

My calendar has been scribbled and xed and marked to bits that it's barely hanging onto the nail on the wall.

Some days I feel like I'm barely hanging by a thread myself.

I missed the last day to send James with ice cream money to school. I even had it up on that calendar, between "carry food and teacher gifts to school" "field day" "Jason comes home from the field" and "run 2 miles". It got lost in the written clutter.
It's not a big deal. We have ice cream at home, plenty. And he's had enough from school. But there was enough significance of it being announced as the last time this school year he'd be able to get it and seeing his friends buy it that made him temporarily forget all the upcoming trips to the ice cream shop and just get mad at mom.

There's no guilt trip like a 6-year-old-given guilt trip.

But that's long-forgotten now, thanks in part to farmers market Popsicles.

Now I just have to will myself to make it through the next two weeks (a week and a half by the time I finally publish this) and I can reward myself (and the kiddos) with a morning of sleeping in and an impromptu weekday trip to the beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment