Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Grandma and Aunt GeeGee visit

So my mom and sister arrived Friday night, right before Bunco. While Kelly and I were out rolling dice in tacky outfits, mom bathed the boys, wore them out and got them into their beds and still cleaned my kitchen and floor!
Saturday, we stayed home and Grandma kept the boys entertained while Kelly and I attacked the last few boxes and piles of clothes lying around the bedroom. We got almost everything folded and hung up and put a good dent in it. I made a nice, big roast, boeuf bourguignon-style and some chicken salad (we can put away some chicken salad, now), and after the kids were in bed we played cards and watched Mad Men.
Sunday called for at least a little outing, so we loaded up the floaties and towels and headed out to our favorite summertime hangout--Callaway Garden beach! The boys were little fish and kicked their legs and ventured through the water.

Grandma tried to get some sun, but James demanded that she go down and help him fill his bucket with water about every 3 minutes.



James decided to make his bucket into a pool. It was a scorcher.













We had a lovely time and picked up some ice cream on our way home to cool off. The boys got to skip their naps since it was already late and they were all sugared up. Kelly and I picked up some take-out at Olive Garden and when the boys finally got to bed [much too late] the three of us sat up late, talking and giggling.

They drove out Monday morning and the house was noticeably quieter and lonelier. The boys have been going through grandma-withdrawals. I will admit I've been sleeping much better without Kelly stealing the covers or beating me with her gangly knees.

Up until a week ago, James would still mention "that was fun at Grandma's house" (referrencing our Father's day visit a month ago), which has now been replaced with "that was fun when grandma camed my house". I think he takes after his Great-Granny and Aunt Gee-Gee as far as travelling goes. He's already planned trips back to Tennessee and to Texas to see his Grampy and Grammy and their pool.

We love seeing everybody. I'm hoping we'll get some more visitors, or maybe even get to do some visiting before school starts. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment