Sunday, December 30, 2012

10 months

I remember thinking last Christmas: next year I'll have a 5 year old, 3 year old, and a ten month old. I assumed she'd be walking, more of a toddler than baby at this point (I was very right). It seemed such a crazy thought. Three kids. Wow.
Now a year has passed. Flown actually. We're not yet in a new house at a new duty station, we're visiting Texas, and three kids wasn't quite a 180 degree experience like I'd anticipated. It's definitely crazy. But manageable.
Poppy is running. She has aced the walking stage. She is chatty, scrunched up her nose when she's happy or likes something. She is sleeping a ton. She had her very first airplane ride this past week and while she flew like a champ just like her brothers and daddy always have, it messed up her sleeping schedule between the excitement and 3:30 am wake up. I hope she flies as well on the trip home this week.
Poppy is freaked out by toy monkeys (wonder where she gets that from...), scared of long nosed animals, barking dogs, and loud noises. She loves waving like miss america, quiet dogs, tree ornaments, her brothers, uncles, grandparents, anything she's not supposed to touch, napping, ice cream and ambrosia, playing peekaboo, clapping, windows, and storytime. She's wearing 12 month clothes, size 3 diapers, chunking up a little since her doctor fussed at me about her weight. She's petite but getting long. Her hair is getting longer, too. She's in the separation anxiety stage now where most of the time she just wants mama. I love being the center of her world. She's so independent like James was that I'll take whatever rare moments that come where she actually wants me. She's usually off exploring and busy keeping up with her brothers. She got her first baby doll for Christmas. It was our first real girl toy experience for her. Next Christmas I know our house will be littered with pink stuff. It's still kind of weird to make the transition into the girl world.
There have been lots of firsts this month. And this year! It blows my mind that 2012 is over already. It has been arguably our best year yet. Happy 10 months Poppy love, and here's to a new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment