Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Amy's Wedding

We drove out Friday toward Tennessee for our friend, Amy's wedding and a visit with my family for Father's Day. Aunt GeeGee made some cake pops for my cake-pop-addicted boys, Grandma had cookies ready, and Grandaddy went out and picked up a little pool for them to play in. The boys were in their element as soon as we pulled up the winding driveway. The wedding was Saturday evening. I took my time getting prettied up in my hot pink barbie dress (with matching toenails).


The venue was a little farm called Twin Oaks in Springfield. We were served strawberry lemonade and given handmade fans that had the event schedule and menus on them. Lights and flowers were strung up in their backyard garden. The chairs were decorated with beachy ribbons and she and her bridesmaids wore flowers in their hair and adorable starfish earrings. Everything was just beautiful.

Amy is one of my friends who I've known since the awkward, long-haired days of middle school. While she still has Rapunzel-length hair, she's grown into such a lovely person, and I'm so glad to have been able to share so many years and experiences with her.

When she walked out with her dad, grinning ear to ear, I couldn't help but tear up.


I've only had brief interactions with her husband, Michael, but it's obvious that he's the perfect other half for her. Emmy put it perfectly, "He's like Amy, in guy form". I'm so happy for them and that I was able to be a part of their special day.

Emmy and me with the new bride.

Here's a quick peak at the garden. They had pasta and salad bars set up and a tent in the yard behind it.


There was a photo booth for guests to take "tacky tourist" pictures for the couple's memory book. Emmy and I did one with mustaches. The newlyweds got up and did one of their own :)


The cake was made by one of Amy's aunts, with brown sugar sand and candy seashells and seastars, which they cut into from the iron gazebo.

Emmy, in her pretty yellow dress, and me in the garden. Doesn't she look fabulous? She's an Atkins goddess these days, prepping for her own wedding.

She and her fiance, Jacob, took a photo opp in the pretty scenery.

I loved this candid one of them. They look so happy!



The reception ended with a fireworks show (this was a big event!). The last time I saw Amy was over a year ago when I was staying in Tennessee during Jason's deployment, so it was really fantastic to see her again. She looked just like a mermaid coming down the aisle and the whole wedding had her written all over it. I hope she and her new husband have a lovely honeymoon and a happy life together.

No comments:

Post a Comment