Thursday, May 5, 2011

First trip on Fort Benning

We ventured onto post for the first time today. It was HUUUUGE! It's really pretty out there, minus all the construction. It's definitely going to take some getting used to, to figure out how to find my way around. We found the PX/Commissary no problem and stopped for a bite to eat and to pick up a few things. The hospital was close by so we asked around and found the Tricare building and got me and the kids set up with our new doctors. I hope I like them! It's kind of a coin-toss when you go with military providers, but I guess it's the same way with civilians.

Afterward we just drove around forever trying to tour the place. We found the Armor school--where Jason is supposed to go after OCS.

James loves the tanks and pointed them all out.









It's hard to see, but the water tower says "Fort Benning Home of Armor and Calvary".




I'm so glad we finally found OCS headquarters! We drove in circles trying to find it. Jason lit up when we got there and saw the sign and everyone in their black ascots. It makes it more real now.






It's so exciting, after all this time and hard work, he's finally here--we're finally here. In just a short month or so, he'll be wearing his own ascot. I'm so proud of my husband! He'll be a fantastic leader.

Everyone on post from the staff to the people shopping and waiting around us, was so friendly and personable. There's a starbucks around every corner, the weather is sunny, the boxes are slowly dwindling down--things are going great. Tomorrow I'm going to get the dogs registered with the vet, get the house a little more organized, and maybe sign us up for the gym and start calling pre-schools.











No comments:

Post a Comment