Wednesday, May 11, 2011

sunshine and highlights

It's a scorcher here--92 degrees! The morning started off less-than-ideal. James went all yesterday without any accidents to wetting the bed first thing. In his defense, I think we just didn't cut off liquids soon enough before bed last night, but it still sucks to start the day off doing loads of clothes and bedsheets. Jason went venturing on post again (he's been going pretty much every single day to find everything for his packing list and meet people and getting insight) so when he got back, I called to make a hair appointment at one of the local salons. Luckily they had an opening right away so I threw on some shorts and mascara and hopped in the car. One of the big downsides of the area is all the construction! Of course, when we moved to Fort Drum 3 years ago there was construction all over the place there, too. It just seems to pop up everywhere we go. Boooooo.
I still made good time and the salon was empty so I got my hair done [for the first time in 6 months. ahhhh, motherhood]!
The girl did a pretty good job, and I was happy with it, but it ended up costing waaaaay more than I'd anticipated. I don't think she spoke much English either because it was hard to understand her and she didn't make any effort to have a conversation. Super awkward. The only sounds were her yanking on my hair (I think I lost more strands than she colored) and she kept pulling my head backwards to put the foils on. I felt my neck pop when she got to my bangs. It was so uncomfortable. At one point at the end, she actually whacked me in the head with the blowdryer! I don't think I'll be going back there again, but at least I got my highlights done and the split ends chopped off in time for Kelly's upcoming graduation and the beach!

While I was getting beaten by my hairdresser, Jason took the boys outside for some much-needed playtime and vitamin D. When I got home they were all pooped and sweaty, looking like little boys.


Here's a few of the new hair. It's the first time I've had it long-ish and colored/highlighted. Usually it's either short, styled and colored or long, root-y, and damaged. Oh the possibilities.


I really miss my friend, Laila! She always did a fantastic job with my hair and didn't try to kill me while she was doing it.

I'm happy to be a blonde again! It's more fun :)







1 comment:

  1. that hairdresser sounds awful!! you should just start getting your hair done when you visit us in tennessee. i swear by kerilyn. i do miss laila, though...

    ReplyDelete