Monday, January 16, 2012

Nursery stuff

Nesting instincts are in full swing and we've been working on clearing out the office and getting some goodies together to make it Poppy's nursery. We've found some goodies at the thrift mall, TJ Maxx/Marshalls, and some handmade (I owe many of my ideas to Pinterest!!).

Here's a sneak peek of some of our goodies--I'll post more pictures as it comes along (which better be soon! Less than 6 weeks to go!).

Also--excuse the mess in the background!

Thrift store chest of drawers. I found some pretty black and white, lavendar-scented liners for the drawers.






Taggie blanket








Lilly Pulitzer tote found on ebay = new, girly diaper bag!








Letters from Hobby Lobby, mod podged with Poppy prints from magazines. The background is the brand, new bookcase Jason just finished making for the living room, so we have a home for all the books that are littering the office. We'll be painting it an ivory/cream color.








Embroidery hoop wall art. Just scraps of colorful fabric on embroidery hoops. Super easy!








Burp cloths. They still need a couple cycles in the washer to get a good fray going on on the ends, but the boys were especially fascinated by them.








In our search for more storage space for the nursery, we got this little, antique corner cupboard. We found it at the same thrift mall as the chest of drawers.








There are some other pieces not shown, but there's time for that later. I've gone through the closet and baskets of baby clothes and will be washing them this week so everything can go in drawers and in the closet. I'm getting lists together to stock up on and recipes to cook/freeze. I've got a mile-long list of housework I want done, much of it probably unnecessary. Sleeping's hit or miss, so my energy is higher some days than others. I'm feeling like the end is flying by and there's not enough time to get everything done. I look forward to having my energy back and not being so uncomfortable all the time, but I'm in no rush.


There seems to be a baby boom going on! It seems like every time I have a get-together with friends, someone else has just found out they're expecting. It's so exciting that there will be so many new babies being added this year. As I'm nearing the end, I'm just now stocking up on all those essentials (I'm a little behind this go). There's a giveaway on twoboysonegirlandacrazymom's blog for the Evenflo Bebek bottle Collection to give you a head start in stocking up (or to give away to an expecting friend)! So run over to her blog between now and the 30th to enter!

No comments:

Post a Comment