Friday, January 20, 2012

Some more sewing projects

Finished a couple goodies for Poppy's room on this rainy day.

First was the boppy pillow cover. I found these fabrics at JoAnn's, the whale snuggle one I've been pining after for weeks, but couldn't decide what to make with it. I found the tutorial at grosgrainfabulous.blogspot.com and it was meant to be! I went immediately and bought some!



It's not perfect, but I'm proud of it! I still need to go back and take in a little on the "arms" where it's a bit loose on one side. This was my first time sewing on a zipper, which I was really nervous about. Again, not perfect--but not bad!


A friend of my mom's leant us her Arm's Reach co-sleeper back when we had James, and for both boys it was a life-saver those first few months! I'm planning on using it right away with Poppy, too. The only sheet we have for it, is off-white (or used to be white anyway) and stained from spit-up and various baby juices. It's been well-loved. So thanks to some ideas/tutorials on pinterest (really, how great is pinterest??), I whipped up a brand-new sheet for it--and it matches her burp cloths!

No comments:

Post a Comment