Sunday, March 27, 2011

We always snuggle with rainboots on

This morning was a nightmare. I felt like crap, both kids wet the bed, then while I was taking the dogs outside to pee, Riley found one of Jason's carving knives that was left out where it shouldn't have been, and nicked his finger. He didn't cry or act like it bothered him at all, but I was freaking out when he came up behind me with blood all over his hands! The only thing he fussed about was me trying to put a bandaid on him or elevating it applying pressure with a washcloth. I'm just so thankful that it was only a small nick and not something worse! But whew! Talk about an adrenaline rush! Who needs coffee when you can wake up to a large dose of anxiety and terror? Jason missed all this, luckily, because he was being a darling husband and changing the oil in my car. He made it up to me later by doing the dishes (I hate doing dishes) and bringing me a soy latte from Starbucks. After the initial suckiness that was my morning, the day went pretty smoothly. We spent most of the day snuggled up on the couch, with snotty noses and fevers.


But I did manage to get a short 3 mile run in during naptime (excuse the awful hair-no-makeup-gross-ness). Btw, this is my awesome rain/windbreaker I got on sale online. Even in 20-ish degrees it keeps me warm when I'm running! Take caution though--neighborhood dogs do not like joggers in fuschia jackets.


When the initial nausea wore off, I finally decided to eat something around 4:30 this afternoon. In retrospect, coconut lime curry probably wasn't the best thing to refuel with during a bout of "flu-like symptoms". . . but it tastes so good!


We did get some packing done, though. These are just a few of the 40-something boxes we have lining our office/foyer/bedroom/playroom/kitchen/closet. . .



Maybe we took the packing a little too far?



No comments:

Post a Comment