Saturday, May 26, 2012

Beach

Happy Memorial Weekend!
It's a 4-day for Jason, meaning some much-needed time off work and with family! His school schedule's been awfully demanding and with all the end-of-school-activities for the kiddos, it's been a crazy couple of weeks. 
If you followed us last year, you know we frequent Callaway Gardens beach. At a mere 40 minute drive, it's a waste not to go! And this weekend, they opened it up for the season, so where else to spend our time?
It was Poppy's very first beach/swimming trip! The first dip her little toes took in the chilly water, she scrunched up her little face and cried out. After that, she was golden and loved kicking around in it.
The boys swam and played in the sand with Daddy. Riley was floating around the water like a little fish. Made me a little more confident about putting him in swimming lessons this summer. 
Our neighbors met us there and the boys got pruney while we sunbathed with the babies. They brought a little tent for us to shade the little ones in and boy was it a lifesaver. It was a scorcher!
The beach wore the babies out! 
Poppy even napped the whole drive home! She was all smiles. Little water-baby. Good thing with our upcoming location change!
I'm seeing an early bedtime in our future. There's a pile of damp swim-clothes in the hallway, sand on the bottoms of our feet, brown babies (except for the littlest one who's still baby-white) that smell like coconut sunscreen who are running around the living room still in their inner tubes and arm floaties. The picnic basket still needs to be unloaded, I have spots that I obviously missed putting sunscreen on (nothing like weird firework-shaped-sunburn on your knees!), I have no idea what we're going to eat for dinner, and I'm pretty sure Riley just pooped...but all that can wait til I finish my strawberry-daquiri wine cooler, right?

1 comment:

  1. Hee hee, love it! Sounds so fun!!!! And I always get those weird firework-shaped sunburns on my knees and armpits from where I never get everything covered with sunscreen, so I feel you. Can't wait to visit y'all in Savannah!!!!!

    ReplyDelete