Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Be Proud

Often I find myself caught up in self-criticsms and beating myself up over every little thing. I shouldn't have eaten so much of this. I should have done better on my exams. I'm not running fast enough. I didn't get that seam straight enough.
Some days nothing I do is good enough.

Well, for the next 15 minutes things are different. Sometimes acknowlegement of your accomplisments and a little self-praise is just what the doctor ordered!
So here's my list, I'm proud of myself for:
1. Making all of Riley's baby food. It's cheaper, I know what's going into his food, I can personalize his portions, and it was one of my resolutions that I've kept!
2. Still breastfeeding. I stopped nursing James at 6 months, for several reasons and regretted it. Riley's almost 7 mos old and still has not had a bottle of formula yet!
3. Sticking with school. My grades aren't ideal, but I'm not quitting and that counts for something, right?
4. Working out, running again, and sticking with it. Another resolution there!
5. Committing the next 30 days (starting in 10 minutes) to going vegan, and putting my foot down when people (ahem..Daddy..) try to convince me to change my mind.
6. Saving money. I've been setting some aside while Jay's been deployed, so we can put it toward a family vacation when he gets home!
7. Holding down the fort while Jason's been gone. Dealing with a two-year old, a baby, a dog, pottytraining, school, and living with my parents as a 22 year old married-single mom? I'd say that's a pretty big accomplishment right there!

So what are your accomplishments? Goals? Go ahead and make your own list. It'll make you feel good!

Take pride in yourself.

Now I'm off to sneak in one more bite of ice cream before TVA [totally vegan april] begins in 3 minutes!!
'Night ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment