Sunday, March 21, 2010

Shame on me










































































































for being so lazy this past year. In my defense, I've been a little busy.
I'm going to sum it up:
1. Lots of summer activities to make up for staying inside during such a cold winter, including but not limited to: farmer's markets, brother-in-law's wedding, Annual Army Air show, visit from friends, trip to the carnival, sister's visit complete with Meryl Streep movie and cake to celebrate her birthday, visits from in laws from West Texas and Albany, New York respectively, visit from my family, some gardening, sewing, cleaning, lots of grilling out with friends, new neighbors, trips to the lake/beach area on post, trips to the park, and lots of eating.
2. Had a baby. Riley was born September 10, only 6 [miserable] days past his due date. But we were oh so happy to meet him!
3. Hubby's first deployment. I won't lie--it has sucked sucked sucked! But we're almost at the halfway mark now!
4. After the month from hell (everything that could go wrong, went wrong as soon as he left) me and the kids packed up and moved back to Tennessee with my parents. We're here til I finish this semester's classes and then it's back to NY!
5. Hubby's had a 2 week leave in December and got to spend Christmas and New Year's with us. It was everything I could have hoped for and then some! We had a blast.
6. We all flew down to Texas and spent New Years with the In-laws. Had a fantastic New Year's party complete with lots of champagne, celebration, long talks with the family, great food, cookies!!, got all dressed up, and at the end of the night found some sweatpants! [I'm not explaining].
7. Jason's family gave us a fantastic date night while we were down there visiting before he had to take off again. We got all dressed up, went out to eat at Chili's, saw Sherlock Holmes, and spent the night at a nice, new hotel in the area. We had a great time and it was nice to get to just focus on each other for awhile, sans kids.
8. Started classes on campus for the spring! Taking Anatomy and Physiology which is kicking my butt.
9. Started pottytraining 'Thing One', which is going [pleasantly] surprisingly well!
10. Flew up to New York during my spring break week to pick up the dog and fly her down here. The lady who was keeping her was closing her boarding business before we'd be back up there and that was my only opportunity to get her, so off I went. She is very happy to be back with her family, eating all the people food she can stand--even if she is being chased, sat on, and generally tortured by James.

I think that's about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment