Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Sometimes all we need is a little motivation

Here are some words to inspire, motivate, provoke thought, and perk you up!

"Argue for your limitations and sure enough, they're yours." R. Bach (Illusions)

"It is difficult to make a man miserable while he feels he is worthy of himself and claims kindred to the great god who made him." -- Abraham Lincoln

"To believe your own thought, to believe that what is true for you in your private heart is true for all men--that is genius."--Emerson

"Nothing is so contagious as enthusiasm; it moves stones, it charms brutes. Enthusiasm is the genius of sincerity and truth accomplishes no victories without it.." -- Bulwer-Lytton (1803-1873)

"Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them; but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight." - Helen Keller.

"What I must do is all that concerns me, not what other people think.." -- Emerson

" Go for it now. The future is promised to no one." -Wayne Dyer

“One problem with gazing too frequently into the past is that we may turn around to find the future has run out on us.” – Michael Cibenko

“When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.” – Lao Tzu

And my favorite:

“We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the life that is waiting for us.” – Joseph Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment