Tuesday, April 19, 2011

It's not all bad

Since we're down to a little over a week before we peel out of here, I thought I'd share some of my accomplishments of the past three years of our life here in upstate New York.


1. Moved 3 times--by ourselves--and survived! Each time to a better house. Now we're moving a 4th time!!

2. Learned how to navigate Post. Probably know my way around it better than my soldier!

3. Cooked an entire Thanksgiving Dinner. Twice!

4. Shovelled 3-4 feet of snow at a time.

5. Hosted a playgroup.

6. Made several really great friends, several of whom I still keep in touch with.

7. Did online classes (for a couple years at least).

8. Managed all our money, saved us enough to buy a new family car.

9. Learned about and started recycling and composting.

10. Incorporated more eco-friendly lifestyle changes like cloth diapering, growing our own veggies and fruits, sewing, donating, cooking more vegetarian meals, making my own baby food, etc.

11. Juggled a house of 2 boys, 2 dogs, and an equally (unintentionally) destructive husband.

12. Survived our first deployment.

13. Had a baby (almost forgot that one!)

14. Got to see Niagara Falls.

15. Discovered some really great, helpful resources to get us through everything.

And there's so much more. I've learned so much about myself, and changed so much here. I've met some truly wonderful people, and some not so great. This has been our first real post that we've been involved in and it has been such an incredible learning experience. I'm very excited about our next adventures down in Georgia and wherever the Army takes us after that, but I can't help feeling nostalgic, and maybe a little sad about leaving where we've started off.

No comments:

Post a Comment