Thursday, November 17, 2011

Emmy and Jacob's wedding

On Friday, Veteran's Day 11/11/11, my friends Emmy and Jacob got married in Clarksville, Tn. After the pre-wedding chaos (typical, but chaotic nonetheless) the evening ceremony was beautiful. Friends drove in from all over the country and the event became a kind of high school band reunion.
Emmy had asked me to show up early to help with hair + makeup, so from about 2 in the afternoon until the ceremony at 5 we gabbed and stressed and sang and inhaled hairspray. It was fabulous!
She looked gorgeous :) The bridesmaids; Pam, Brit, Dee, and Teresa



Neil drove down from Wisconsin (where he's in grad school and noshing on the finest dairy these days) and spoke for the ceremony.

The curly head in the corner belonged to Brody, their 14-month old little boy who had lots to say during the ceremony, himself.



I didn't get too many pictures, thanks to my lame-ass camera and its inability to see in the dark. These were terrible quality, but sadly the best shots I got of the first dance and garter-removal.




Six months ago, at Amy's wedding we had a picture of the three of us (well, four, but I didn't know that then!). Amy and her husband flew in from Florida to visit her brand new nephew and to make it to the wedding. Now here we are again, and Emmy is the bride and I'm a little bigger than I was in my hot pink barbie dress.


Pam and Teresa. They put so much work into all the fun bridal stuff in the past few weeks [months]. Teresa's Maid-of-Honor speech was so lovely she had us all tearing up. I haven't seen either of them in so long, but it was like no time had passed.



Neil was right along side me in the bridal room, cracking us up, sewing the veil back onto the comb with fishing line about 5 minutes before the ceremony started.

Please excuse my goofy expression!

Emmy made a fabulous bride. I had to get one more good shot of the dress. I know once the madness settled and the show got on the road, all the hard work paid off and she and Jacob both had a great time. I'm so happy for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment