Friday, February 10, 2012

Air Assault Graduation

After two weeks of hardly seeing my husband, Jason graduated Air Assault School this morning! Some mornings he left before 5 (this morning he was gone by 2 am!) and several nights he was home after 8-9 pm. Two 12-mile ruck marches, a bunch of classwork, 8 repels off the 65-foot tower (pictured below), one repel from a helicopter, little sleep, missed suppers, several Meals-Ready-to-Eat, and lots of adrenaline later, I got to pin his wings on! And I totally stabbed my finger. Apparently it has to be mid-February for winter to hit mid-Georgia. And by winter, I mean 40-50 degrees. I'll take it!

Woody joined us at Graduation.

The instructors demonstrated some of the things our soldiers have been doing/learning these past couple weeks, including a repel off the tower. The boys loved that part!





It did look fun! My palms got a little sweaty when the guy repelled off the open side...



Right before the pinning ceremony



Right after I pinned him! Jason with his wiiiiings :)

There's a smile!

The boys were so good!

Daddy and his little monkey.

Being 9 months pregnant and playing the single-married-mom role has kind of sucked the past couple weeks, but I'm super proud of Jason for all his hard work! I know that even as physically demanding and exhausting as the course was, it's something he's wanted to do for a long time and finally had the opportunity to do it. He's worked his butt off and deserved those wings!! Congratulations honey!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment