Saturday, February 4, 2012

super heroes

I've been meaning to make something for the boys (why should Poppy have all the fun?). My [hypothetical] project started out as a Spiderman costume--a little too ambitious, maybe--during James's Spiderman obsession around New Years. Then we had a Star Wars phase and one week he wanted me to make him a Darth Vader costume. The next week he wanted to be Boba Fett. Basically, no one was committing to anything.
Eventually, we figured out something that works for everyone, long-term: a super hero cape! I googled tutorials and ideas and found a great one! While James was at school this week, Riley and I went fabric shopping. James wanted red and blue (like Optimus Prime, because he's now going through a Transformers phase) and Riley wanted green (his favorite color) and blue. Riley chose the fabrics (such a good little helper!).



James has been begging me, since I bought the fabric on Thursday, to hurry up and make them. I've had this cold all week, so I haven't done much of anything, much less sewing projects. Today I started finally feeling human again, so I promised him I'd work on them. Things moved pretty quick and easy and by the end of naptime, two little boys woke up to their brand new capes.


Side one:


Side two: They were thrilled! Had to try them on right away.




It didn't take long for them to strip down to pampers and Transformers underwear and they've spent the last hour, arms stretched in front running up and down the hallway, making flying noises. Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment