Friday, November 2, 2012

Thankful Day 2: Friends

My friends are on my mind today.
I've made such wonderful friends living here in Georgia.
I've had such wonderful friends who've stuck with me since awkward grade school days, college, and past duty stations.
Friends who have watched my kids for me while my husband has been in and out of schools and field.
Who got me out of the house when the kids were driving me crazy.
Who have confided in me and let me pour my heart out to them.
Friends who threw me a baby shower, visited in the hospital when I gave birth, who have loved on my babies like they were their own.
Friends who cleaned and cooked for my kids birthday parties.
Who've sweated with me at the gym, keeping me distracted on the treadmill for miles and miles of race training.
Who've waited around on me as I'm late for the umpteenth time.
Who have visited from as close as 4 minutes up the road, as far as Tennessee and even from Japan.
Friends who I haven't seen since we moved apart, who I might not get to talk to often, but when we do it's like no time has past at all.
Friends who shared the most precious moments and milestones with me.

I cannot begin to express how grateful I am to have these friends in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment