Monday, November 12, 2012

Thankful day 9: family meals

I love food waaaay too much not to dedicate a post to it!
I've always been fortunate enough to eat well. There was always food--great food--on the table growing up. Family dinners together, even if we were picky kids who just wanted fast food or sulky teenagers who didn't want to talk. We were always around the table as a family.
Now I'm a stickler for sitting down together with my picky children, every night.
Some nights are a struggle. Begging, cajoling, bribing the boys to take a bite of green beans. Some nights Jason's stuck in the field, on duty, or deployed. But we always have food on our table. And if we're all here, we're sitting at that table together.
I'm thankful that we can buy groceries, the good stuff, without sweating it. I'm thankful that we can feed our kids, never worrying where our next meal is coming from. And I'm especially thankful for the nights that we're all together as a family, when Jason's home.

No comments:

Post a Comment